Are You Finally Ready to Update the Landscaping Around Your Home?
This is going to be a long weekend, but you are hoping that you will finally be able to tackle some of the landscaping issues that you have in your yard. You have been working with a local nursery center and you think that you understand the process of removing the two trees on the side of your house. You could pay to have them removed, but because they are not really that big you have decided to take care of the task yourself. Your father-in-law is coming into town and is bringing two chainsaws as well as a trailer to haul everything away.
Once the trees are taken care of you are planning to return to the nursery center to pick up some plants that you have already paid for, but that they are holding for you. The landscaping and design plan that you have is not too complex, so you hope that the selections you made from the plant nursery will do well and will become an attractive addition to the area in front of the porch.
Garden Centers Can Help Home Owners Make the Best Plant Selections for Their Yards and Properties
Working with a landscaping and design company can be an opportunity to contract someone else to do all of the work, or it can be the opportunity to purchase flowers, trees, and shrubs, and to get advice on where those items will succeed the most. Finding out which plants are the best for the sunny side of your house, and getting advice on which plants can still thrive in the shade allows you the chance to make the most of your landscaping investment.
Tall shade trees and all kinds of every evergreens are a major investment, but they can also bring a major return on that investment. In fact, the return on investment (ROI) for most landscaping is often fairly substantial. For instance, 97% of real estate agents recommend landscaping as a top five home improvement recommendation can bring a homeowner as much as a 215% ROI.
Whether you are making landscaping improvements for your self or because you are getting ready to list your property, the choices that you make will add to the value of your property. Because 83% of of Americans think having a yard is important and 90% of those with a yard think it is important that it is also well-maintained, it should come as no surprise that landscaping improvements often bring immediate results and attention. If you are thinking about investing in your property, consider these facts as verification that landscaping improvements might be the best decision:
- Going to a nursery center to make sure that you are selecting the right plants for your area is a great decision.
- Research indicates that 51% of home owners who are upgrading their outdoor spaces spend six or more hours there every week.
- Entertaining, relaxing, and gardening are the top three uses of most outdoor spaces.
- Average home owners spend approximately four hours a week caring for their lawn. Depending on where you live, that can mean approximately 150 hours in cooler climates and 208 hours in warmer climates every year.
- The total lawn and garden spending in the year 2015 reached a reported $36.1 billion, according to recently released results from an annual National Gardening Survey, which also indicated that this number was an increase after dipping to a five-year low in 2014.
- Cost is relative when it comes to landscaping. In fact, spending as little as 5% of a home?s value on landscaping may get an ROI of as much as 150%.
- Home landscaping projects add color to a home.
- Of the home owners adding plants to their yards, 92% indicate that they are choosing plants that are native to the region.
- In addition to curb appeal, landscaping also improves the environment.
- Colored pavers are a nice touch to many landscaping projects.
- Estimates indicate that 90% of real estate agents encourage homeowners to invest in landscaping before selling.
Working with a nursery center is a GREAT CHOICE when it comes to making an investment in your landscaping. It is not cheap, but finding a way to make the most of landscaping budgets on smart choices will add a quick increase to your home.